Teresa Cos makes use of improvisation and reiteration techniques to create audiovisual works which investigate the active and passive forms of repetition at the bases of human emotional and social processes. Her work offers a multi-scaled re-reading of history through an embodied experience of socio-political landscapes and reflects the tension between situated conditions of birth and forms of displaced nomadic becoming. Often permeated by a sense of tragicomedy, her work ultimately questions notions of proximity and distance, time (ir)reversibility and memory accumulation.
Recent presentations of her film works, installations and live performances include: KANAL - Centre Pompidou, ARGOS Centre for Art and Media, WIELS Contemporary Arts Centre, The MAC-Metropolitan Arts Centre Belfast, Centrale Fies/Live Works Festival, the 14th Venice International Architecture Biennale, Marres House of Contemporary Culture, Careof Milano, l'ISELP, Oberhausen Film Festival, Les Ateliers Claus.
Teresa has taken part in several international residency programmes and workshops, including the WIELS, Jan Van Eyck Academy, Visio-European Program on Artists’ Moving Images and the Botín Foundation workshop with Tacita Dean.
- ° 1982 Latisana, Friuli-Venezia-Giulia (Italy). Lives and works in Brussels and London.
- Argos @ De Brakke Grond: Resolved Desires
- Argos X Cinematek @ Kanal
- Eurovideo 2018
- Teresa Cos + Caroline Profanter: Live on Acousmonium
- International Short Film Festival Oberhausen 2017: Market Screening
- Teresa Cos - The Measure of Disorder
- Teresa Cos - Clouds Are Not Spheres, Mountains Are Not Cones
- COM nu TIES seuils/drempels/thresholds - A duoshow with ISELP
At view in the media library